The mission of the Department of Business at Nashua Community College is to provide a variety of degrees and professional certificates that respond to the needs of local and regional employers, while maintaining academic integrity. Degrees, certificates, and courses are designed to provide students with the opportunity to learn skills, theories, and practices that prepare students to be successful in business endeavors. Additionally, degrees, certificates, and courses are designed to fulfill the academic requirements to allow students to transfer into a variety of bachelor’s degree programs.
The Associate in Science Degree in Business Administration in Management offers a mix of applied and theoretical courses. The objective of the program is to provide the knowledge students will need for successful business careers.
The program has been designed to expose the student to broad business applications including: Accounting, marketing, management, and comprehensive computer courses, which give the management student valuable skills in this growing field.
Business Management graduates are prepared for immediate career entry into the challenging fields of:
- Management-trainee positions in business and industry
For the student looking to pursue an education beyond the associate degree, this program is designed for easy transfer to bachelor’s degree programs.
Upon the completion of the degree in Business Administration, Management graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate an appropriate application of contemporary management skills and practices in solving real-life business problems.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of labor laws, federal and state rules and policies, as well as an understanding of global differences in these areas to effectively manage a contemporary workforce.
- Demonstrate an understanding of management theories designed to develop programs to motivate staff.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply financial management skills to meet organizations objectives, compete effectively, and organize data efficiently.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of a variety of software systems, including management information systems, to allow for preparing effective reports that enhance communication with senior level staff, customers, and others.
- Demonstrate the ability to prepare and present meaningful presentations and reports that relate short-and long-term objectives for a variety of business audiences.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize research techniques and analytical skills in evaluating business problems in order to develop problem- solving strategies.
Demonstrate an understanding of various ethical principles and their application in various global business scenarios.
In addition, the graduate will be able to demonstrate competency in the general education outcomes.