The field of computer security is growing rapidly. The basis for this certificate will be the existing CISCO Networking Academy program and their Security certification. We will include elements of the (ISC)2 and Comp TIA Security+. Students will be prepared to take jobs in the field of IT System Administration with emphasis on Network Security.
Upon completion of this certificate program students will be able to:
- Set up and secure a small to medium size network.
- Recognize the potential security threats facing modern network..
- Monitor for signs of intrusion.
- Perform configuration on routers, switches, and hardware security appliances.
- Perform basic system administration, including management of system accounts.
Apply critical thinking skills in order to resolve troubleshooting and security issues.