Determination of In-state Status and Change of Status

A student will be classified as in-state or out-of-state for tuition purposes at the time of admission. The Admissions Office will make the decision based on information furnished by the student’s application and other relevant and available information. To qualify for in-state tuition, a student must be domiciled in New Hampshire prior to registration for the term for which in-state status is claimed. Students living within a 50-mile radius of the NCC campus also qualify for in-state tuition.

A member of the active duty U.S. Armed Forces stationed in this state under military orders, or stationed in a contiguous state but temporarily living in New Hampshire, shall be entitled to classification for himself/herself, spouse and dependent children as "in-state" for tuition purposes so long as said orders remain in effect and residence in this state is continued. Also, military personnel who are residents of another state but choose this state as their residence within 90 days of being discharged from the military will be considered residents and charged in-state tuition. Refer to the "Veterans' Assistance" Section on our website XRlcmFucyIsInZldGVyYW5zJyJd for more information.

Residents of the five New England states are eligible to pay a lower, regional tuition (instead of the out-of-state) when enrolled in associate degree programs approved under the New England Regional Student Program (NERSP). The College allows additional eligibility to include all associate degree and certificate programs.

International Students are not eligible for in-state or New England Regional tuition rates for day courses at any time while enrolled at NCC.

Any student who has, on his/her first admission to the College, been classified as New England Regional or out-of-state for tuition purposes, may apply to the Admissions Office for a change of status on or before September 1 for the subsequent fall semester, on or before January 1 for the subsequent spring semester, and on or before June 1 for the subsequent summer term.

Any student who is aggrieved by the decision of the Admissions Office may appeal in writing to the Vice President of Student and Community Affairs. In all cases of application for in-state status for tuition purposes, the burden of proof shall be on the applicant.