How Do I Receive VA Education Benefits at NCC?

  1. Apply for admission to an eligible degree or certificate program with our Admissions Office.
  2. Apply for VA Education Benefits through the VA. Students who haven’t received VA benefits before must file an original application (Veterans VA Form 22-1990; dependents VA Form 22-5490; Transfer of Eligibility students VA-Form 22-1990e). Students who have received VA benefits before must file a Request for Change of Program or Place of Training (Veterans and ToE students VA Form 22-1995; dependents VA Form 22-5495).
    Students applying for CH 33 in lieu of (or relinquishing) another benefit should complete a VA Form 22-1990.
  3. Submit a copy of your Joint Service or Community College of the Air Force transcript, and transcripts from all previously attended institutions.
  4. Submit the appropriate documentation for the benefit you wish to utilize:
    1. Chapter 31 (VA Vocational Rehabilitation) - Submit a copy of form 28-1905 which you received from your VA Counselor.
    2. Chapter 33 (Post 9/11 GI Bill)- Submit your Certificate of Eligibility that you received in the mail or your eBenefits Education Enrollment Status Page.
    3. Chapter 30 (Montgomery GI Bill), Chapter 1606 (Montgomery GI Bill Selected Reserve), or Chapter 35 (Dependents) - Submit your Certificate of Eligibility that you received in the mail.
  5. Enroll only in courses required for your academic program. Courses not required for your program cannot be certified for VA education benefits.
  6. Notify the VA Student Counselor any time you have a change in enrollment (add/drop/switch).