The rights of eligible students (and, as noted above, their parents in particular circumstances) include:
- The right to inspect and review the student’s education records within 45 days of the date when a CCSNH College receives a request for access to such records. A student should submit a written request to the Registrar’s Office of the college in which they are enrolled. Such request must identify the record(s) the student wants to inspect. The school official will arrange for access and notify the student of the time and place where the records can be inspected.
- The right to request amendment of the student’s education records that the student believes to be inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise in violation of the student’s privacy rights under FERPA.
- A student who wants to request that a CCSNH College amend their education records must make a written request to the Registrar’s Office of the college in which they are enrolled. Such request must clearly identify the part of the record that the students wants changed and specify why the records should be changed.
- The right to provide written consent before a CCSNH College discloses personally identifiable information (known as PII) from the student’s education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent. Exceptions are addressed in Section VI of this policy.
- The designated college official shall notify the student of the decision to amend or not to amend the education records as requested. Such decisions shall be provided in writing and issued to the student within a reasonable time period. The student shall also be notified of their right to a hearing regarding their request, including details about the hearing procedure.