Pell Grant and Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant

You may be eligible to receive the Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant if you are not eligible for a Federal Pell Grant on the basis of your expected family contribution but meet the remaining Federal Pell Grant eligibility requirements, and your parent or guardian was a member of the U.S. armed forces and died as a result of military service performed in Iraq or Afghanistan after the events of 9/11, and you were under 24 years old or enrolled in college at least part-time at the time of your parent’s or guardian’s death. The grant is equal to the amount of a maximum Federal Pell Grant for the aid year but cannot exceed your cost of attendance for that aid year. The payment procedures are the same as those for the Federal Pell Grant.