To promote the health and well-being of students, faculty, staff and general public, the campus of NCC is SMOKE AND TOBACCO FREE. The Policy follows recommendations made by the American College Health Association and the Tobacco-Free College Campus Initiative.
- Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco or tobacco alternative, e-cigarettes, and vaping are not allowed in or on all college owned or leased properties or grounds.
- Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco or tobacco alternative, e-cigarettes, and vaping are prohibited, and in campus-owned, leased, or rented vehicles.
- The only exception is that smoking is allowed in personal vehicles on campus.
- Disposing of tobacco products on College grounds is also considered a violation of the smoking policy.
- Sale of tobacco or tobacco alternatives products on campus is prohibited.
- Distribution of free tobacco or tobacco alternatives products on campus is prohibited.
- Students violating the SMOKE AND TOBACCO FREE policy may be fined as per Board policy; 1st offense $25.00, 2nd offense $50.00.
- When a fine is given, the individual has thirty days to pay the fined amount or their NCC account will be frozen until resolved. Tobacco is defined as all tobacco-derived or containing products, including, but not limited to, cigarettes (clove, bidis, kreteks), electronic cigarettes, cigars and cigarillos, hookah-smoked products, and oral tobacco (spit and spitless, smokeless, chew, snuff).