The 40,000 square foot Wellness Center houses a full-size gymnasium, suspended walking track, multi-purpose exercise room, fitness center, fully equipped locker rooms, dining hall, conference room, and lounge space. This facility is open to all NCC students, faculty, and staff. A valid Nashua Community College ID and completion of the Wellness Center Registration form is required for admittance into any athletic facilities (gymnasium, fitness center, multipurpose room, locker room, walking track).
The fitness center is equipped with state-of-the-art cardio and strength equipment, including two Cybex Arc Trainers, two Expresso Fitness virtual reality bikes, three Star Trac treadmills, a seven-piece Cybex VR3 strength circuit, Cybex smith machine, free weights, dumbbells, and kettlebells. The fitness center staff is trained to assist with strength and cardio equipment and is made up of a welcoming and helpful group of individuals who are committed to meeting the workout needs of NCC students, faculty, and staff.
The staff kindly asks that all users adhere to the following rules in the fitness center, walking track, multi-purpose exercise room, and gymnasium areas:
- Please wear clean, non-marking athletic shoes when using the facilities. No boots, dress shoes, or open toed shoes/sandals are allowed.
- Do not bring any food or beverages into the facilities (water is permitted).
- A valid Nashua Community College ID is required for entrance into any of the facilities.
- Please sign in and out when entering and exiting the fitness center.
- Do not leave personal belongings in the lockers overnight.
- Students, faculty, and staff are allowed to bring their own locks for use in the locker room. The fitness center staff will not provide locks.
- All personal belongings must be kept in the lockers and should not be kept on the floor in the locker room or any other fitness center facility.
- Do not leave trash in any of the facilities.
- Use appropriate language at all times.
- Please respect the fitness center staff at all times, and remember that staff members have the final decision on all fitness center matters.
The multi-purpose room is a room that can be utilized as a space for exercise, as well as a club meeting and activity space.
The fitness center, gymnasium, and walking track are open Monday through Friday. The hours will be posted online and on site at the beginning of each term.
The lounge area located on the second floor of the Wellness Center is for student and faculty enjoyment. The furniture is to be used in a proper manner. As numerous people use this facility, laying and sleeping on the couches is not considered acceptable behavior.
The fitness area, basketball court and locker rooms require that all students have a current and active ID to enter. The doors are equipped with an ID reader which will admit only current students who have completed the Wellness Center Registration form.
The Student Code of Conduct applies to students using the Wellness Center’s facilities. Students found in violation of the Student Code of Conduct or doing anything which could cause injury to themselves or others will be subject to disciplinary action including, but not limited to access to the Wellness Center (Please refer to the Student Code of Conduct section in this Handbook).