This certificate in Automotive Service and Repair will provide the graduates with the skills to be an entry-level technician in the automotive field.
Students will be required to provide their own personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, hearing protection, welding gloves, and protective shoes. Students will also need to purchase a basic automotive tool kit and roll cabinet.
The Certificate in Automotive Service and Repair is complimentary to the Automotive Technology Associate Degree at NCC. Students who wish to complete the Associate Degree can start their second year as a degree student.
Expected Student Outcomes
- Fundamental operations of an internal combustion engine
- Foundational Electrical skills for a diagnostic career
- Shop safe, equipment and proper usage
- Steering and suspension system operation, diagnostics, repair and adjustment
- Brakes system operation, diagnostics and repair