The mission of the Department of Business at Nashua Community College is to provide a variety of degrees and professional certificates that respond to the needs of local and regional employers, while maintaining academic integrity. Degrees, certificates, and courses are designed to provide students with the opportunity to learn skills, theories, and practices that prepare students to be successful in business endeavors. Additionally, degrees, certificates, and courses are designed to fulfill the academic requirements to allow students to transfer into a variety of bachelor’s degree programs.
The Associate in Science Degree in Business Administration in Marketing offers a mix of applied and theoretical courses. The objective of the program is to provide the knowledge students will need for successful marketing careers.
The Marketing courses prepare students for entry-level jobs in marketing, for future advancement into marketing management and for entrepreneurial opportunities. The curriculum builds a broad knowledge base in business that includes the latest ideas in marketing thought and practice:
- Marketing research, analysis and application
- Marketing strategies
- Integrated Marketing Communications
Most important, marketing students learn critical people management skills to build solid relationships with their clients. Elective marketing courses also permit individual students to develop a program for their specific interests.
For students looking to pursue an education beyond the associate degree, this program is designed to transfer to bachelor's degree programs.
Upon the completion of the degree in Business Administration, Marketing graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to apply principles of marketing management to problem-solving activities within corporate and small business scenarios.
- Demonstrate the ability to research, analyze, develop and execute a theoretical marketing plan.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply sales, promotions, merchandising, selling, and consumer behavior models to domestic and international business scenarios.
- Demonstrate an understanding of opportunities and effects of integrated promotional efforts
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of relationship marketing.
- Demonstrate the ability to work cooperatively with team members to solve business problem scenarios.
- Demonstrate the ability to use inductive and deductive logic in team settings to understand, solve, and present business problem solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with limited resources of time, money and human capital in developing effective marketing strategies.
Demonstrate a working knowledge of ratio analysis, statistical modeling, and quantitative research methods in developing product and pricing strategies to compete effectively through marketing campaigns.
In addition, the graduate will be able to demonstrate competency in the general education outcomes.